Friday, July 4, 2014

Paper Pumpkins

Here are some cute little paper pumpkins that I made...I sent them off to family members so they could use them for Halloween and Thanksgiving. There are two different kinds. For the first kind, you cut strips of paper, and punch holes in the ends. Then you use brads to hold them together, and spread the strips out. There is a great tutorial on a blog called Scrapedia with really clear pictures. I chose to add other things to the top, but they have a cute idea for a stem. Click HERE to see the blog. The occupational therapist and I actually did this project with kids at work! For the speech aspect, we had them read and follow directions, and then explain to someone else what to do. Obviously, for the OT aspect, they had to cut, hole-punch, hold the brads on, etc.

The other kind I used circle cuts, folded them in half, and hot glued the sides to each other. When you finally spread them around to glue the final sides together and make the full circle, it leaves a small space down the middle. I had some lollipop sticks on hand, so I used hot glue and stuck those down the center. If they are a little off-kilter when you try to stand them up, try cutting a small circle and glueing it to the bottom to stabilize it. I used the Cricut to cut the leaves, and distress inks on the edges of everything! I love distress-y, vintage stuff for the fall.









No comments:

Post a Comment