Friday, July 4, 2014

Christmas...in July...

So I realize that it is July, and not quite the time to be thinking about Christmas! But I am cleaning some things out of my camera, and realized I never shared these! These were two fun decorations I made at Christmas time.

The "Frosty the Snowman" hats were actually from the Cricut cartridge called Independence Day 3D projects (see? kind of appropriate for this weekend...) I just cut them in black, and did not use the stripe layers or the layer that had the stars. I used ribbon, and actual little clippings off our Christmas tree to stick in the ribbon! I used really chunky glitter to look like snow. There are all kinds of fun things you could do with this! You could distress ribbons and add vintage elements...I left these at my mom's house in CT, but I make make some for our house in AZ this year!



The "Mrs. Claus" shoes are from the Princess Party cartridge. These were really fun to embellish, and I actually used these same ones to do witch shoes with green oreos at Halloween! I've got to try and find those pictures....Anyway, again, there are tons of different things you could do with these. They are great little gift items too. I know that sometimes in the workplace or around neighborhoods people do a holiday "jingle" or gift exchange, and it is a great cost-effective gift that is still really fun to receive.



Enjoy the 4th of July while you look at my Christmas pictures :)





No comments:

Post a Comment