Friday, July 4, 2014

Baptism Decorations

It has been a while since I posted anything! The end of the school year was totally insane and horrible, so I didn't do a whole lot of creative projects. One of my favorites that I haven't shared yet is decorating for our little godson's Christening. He is cute as a button, and my sister in law decided that she was going to do white and silver/gray for the decorations. I made the table centerpieces and a banner. I also decorated a plain candle to use as the one that they light. It was a really fun day, and my hubs and I were really honored to be the godparents!

The candle wasn't quite as nice as I had hoped. I re-did it about three times, and didn't love the font with his name (which I am not sharing for confidentiality!), it was fun to have a unique candle for the lighting ceremony.




The crosses were really thick chipboard that came from Hobby Lobby. I painted them white, and then used a few of the Cricut "new testament" crosses as the silver and white layers. I actually bought a couple of them as separate cuts; I didn't buy the whole cartridge. I also used those as some confetti! I cut them really small and just filled the page, and set it to cut while I worked on other things. I was really pleased with these!!


The banner was just different sized circles with white and gray and silver papers layered together. I popped each layer out with dimensional foam or just layering hot glue. The centers were either clear gems, or cross stickers from JoAnn.





No comments:

Post a Comment