Friday, July 4, 2014

Quilled 3D Flowers

I was lucky enough to have a crafty mom who inspired me to start doing projects when I was very young. She was able to be a stay at home mom with my sister and I for quite a while, and she is extremely talented with any kind of sewing, building, crafting, you name it! I never even knew for the longest time that she and her sister knew how to do paper quilling! They all have framed copies of their wedding invitations with beautiful quilled flowers in coordinating colors, but it never occurred to me to ask who made them! It turns out, they did! My aunt made a gorgeous one for me as a wedding gift, to follow in the tradition.
So anyway, one of the recent times that I was on the east coast for a visit, my mom bought a quilling set so we could play around with it. I was totally hooked, and started looking on Pinterest and YouTube. If you have never looked at some of the incredible quilled creations that are out there, check it out! It is absolutely mind-blowing what some people do! I mean, I was all excited about the cute little duck I made, and then I find people that have made entire 3D camping scenes or dollhouse food from quilling. So one of my favorites that I found was a woman on YouTube who had made some GORGEOUS 3D flower pots, and put them in a display case. Her YouTube name is Yoyomax, and she has some super cool tutorials. Click HERE to see one of her tutorials.
I found one of the Tim Holtz boxes that has little compartments on sale for about 6 dollars at JoAnn, and I also went to the dollhouse section and found some little wooden chairs and some mini birds. I distressed some papers and put them against the back of the compartments, and then put different pots of flowers in each compartment. I gave this as a gift to my husband's grandmother for Christmas. She is so lovely, and a very talented crafter herself! I probably could have embellished the box much more, but, big surprise, I was finishing this at the last minute. Enjoy!

 









No comments:

Post a Comment