Saturday, January 5, 2013

Giant Flowers

Just a quick post to share my new craft room wall decorations! Using the flowers in the "picturesque" cartridge, I cut the first layer as "fit to page" (my computer is fussy lately, and I didn't feel like setting it up and using craft room). Then I stepped it down about an inch and a half for each subsequent cut. I made a circle of glitter in the center and coated it with glossy accents when it was dry, and then added a nice big jewel for good measure. Before glueing the layers together, I curled the leaves around a big pencil. Stuck them to the wall, and voila! Wouldn't this be fun to do for a little girl's bedroom?? I think I will add a bee buzzing around, and maybe a big butterfly...channeling warmer weather! I held up a soda bottle cap in one picture so you could see how giant they are.





No comments:

Post a Comment