Monday, December 3, 2012

More Holiday Cards, and tag testers

I get so involved in my cricut cutting sometimes that I forget about a lot of the other great tools I have. Before I had a cricut, I did so much ink work! Alcohol inks, distress inks, etc. I have tried a few things out with a holiday theme, and attempted to put a few together.

This green and white card with twine is one of my favorites so far this year. The tag was a plain manilla tag, and then I used the Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint distress inks for the color. I stamped the sentiment in Peeled Paint, and then I used heat embossing for that shimmery swirl pattern. I accidentally bought "Translucent" embossing powder instead of opaque white one day, and basically put it to the side and forgot about it. I happened to try it out on a few of these tags, and I loooove the effect. You'll see it again in a minute on the snowflake tags.

 
These snowflake tags actually have a few layers. I first used the ranger color wash spray in Sailboat Blue, and watered it down and blotted it for a nice blue bottom coat. I used a sheet of snowflake stencils, and sprayed a layer of Denim color wash over it. If you have never used the color wash sprays, they are really fun to play around with. I think maybe I will do another post later about some cool techniques. YouTube "Ranger Color Wash" and there are some awesome tutorials! Anyways, then I used that translucent embossing powder, and then white opaque embossing powder. I used some snowflakes cut from glitter cardstock as the final layer. I haven't decided what to do with them yet! :)
 

 
This tag was the color wash in "Red Pepper" and distress ink in "Faded Brick". The sentiment was stamped in faded brick, and then I used that translucent powder for the swirly pattern.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment