Saturday, December 22, 2012

Homemade Lip Balm

I am packing and getting ready to head to the east coast to spend Christmas with my family...and of course I am STILL making some last-minute gifts. We had a little get-together today with my fiance's family, and instead of a full meal, we decided to do a hot chocolate/coffee bar and cookies. I think I will have another post tomorrow (maybe written from the airport while I am waiting) with some of our favorite family recipes.

So for now I will post one of the few homemade gifts I was able to make!! I found a FABULOUS and easy recipe for homemade lip balm (via pinterest, of course!) on this wonderful blog HERE . I found all of the ingredients I need at Sprouts, and I bought THESE CONTAINERS on Amazon. The tops are pretty cheaply made, but I was able to get my prime qualifying shipping and 30 of them for about 10 bucks, so I wasn't too worried about it. The blog links to some other possible sites for nicer tins and things. The recipe called for orange essential oil, but I already had some lavender on hand, so that's what I subsituted. I printed and cut little mini labels just using microsoft word, and I hot glued the jewels on to the top. I only had a few of the big ones, so there is a mix of jewel sizes. They came out great, and I am really loving the lip balm itself! Big hit with everyone that has received one so far. Came out pretty cute! Excited to share with my family. Hope you're having a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment