Monday, December 10, 2012

Fan Fold Cards

I am SUPER EXCITED to share these cards with you! ALL of the credit goes to the blog from the Paper Zone...from what I understand it was a store in Washington, which has since closed :(  However, the blog still exists and is WONDERFUL! I am linking the tutorial, and if you have time, peruse the other posts. Some gorgeous ideas. Find the tutorial HERE (they call them "folded leaf cards")
I found as much double-sided holiday paper as possible! Most of them are single sheets from the racks at JoAnn, although some of the brighter colors are from a Martha Stewart holiday double-sided pack. These are made from one single strip of paper, no glueing, cutting (except for an initial slice to make the right size rectangle) or anything else. They are beautiful as-is, but I chose to add some little embellishments to the fan part. I am thinking they would be really cute to use for gift cards...If you wanted, you could seal up the edges and use it as an envelope... I promise you, after the first one, you will get the hang of it so quickly, and you can crank them out in a minute or two! SO EASY and fun! The occupational therapist and I even did it as an activity at school with some of the kiddos, using construction paper! (fine motor skills for OT, following instructions and re-tell for speech!)







No comments:

Post a Comment