Sunday, November 18, 2012

Baby Shower Card -pop out crib

This post is about my go-to baby shower card :) I have seen pictures of similar ideas before, but at the moment I don't have any saved, and I haven't copied these designs from anyone. The crib was made with the cricut, from the "Baby Steps" cartridge. I used Cricut Craft Room to weld together 4 sides (shortening two of them) into a long strip. I put little tiny rectangles in between each piece to give a little space to fold. I will upload the CCR file (anyone else think of the band every time they see that written out? No? Just me?).

So the crib pulls off the mat in one long strip, and then you fold them into a rectangle and glue the last edge together. If you have the big thingie that has nice lines and the little tool for folding, definitely use that. If you have a wal-mart folding table as your craft table like I do, you can use the crease in the table and a plastic paintbrush rounded end to make score lines ;) Not wooden, unless it is unpainted, or the color will come off on your crib. So that is it for the crib!

The rest is pretty much up to you...the mobile I make by just cutting strips of paper. I poke holes in them with a sewing machine needle and string some thread through. Whatever is hanging off the mobile is either cut with a small punch, or cut with the cricut. I glue the ends of the thread between two pieces so that there is a back and a from for each object hanging in the mobile. The shelves, the wallpaper, etc. is whatever fits the theme! If the couple is registered, I usually look at what decorating themes or colors they have gone with and make it match!

Don't get discouraged if this takes a while on the first try. It took me forever to get it right the first time, but after getting the process down, I can crank one of these out pretty quickly. Since I don't have any good pictures of the actual process, please ask me if any of this is unclear! These are a huge hit, especially when they are personalized for the theme.











2 comments:

  1. Can you please post the CCR file? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I am out of town until next week, but as soon as I get back to my computer, I will post it. Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete